Choose one of the four variants. Only one variant is correct.
1. Rob …lunch.
had already / already had / has already have / has already had
2. We …for two hours now and there is still a lot of work left.
working / are working / worked / have been working
3. If I was you, I …to the hairdresser’s.
went / would go / have gone / go
4. Ben sings really…
good / well / bad / professional
5. He …dinner when I came home.
makes / has made / made / was making
6. I wish I … that yesterday.
didn’t say / not said / hadn’t said / don’t say
7. When we arrived, the guests …..
have already left / already left / had already left / were already left
8. There is …wine in the glass.
any / some / many / a
9. By the next year he …his exams.
had passed / will pass / will have passed / has passed
10. I’ll let you know as soon as he …back.
wrote / will write / writes / have written
11. I’ve been sitting in the office…
for myself / in my own / by myself / only myself
12. It’s high time you …some work!
will do / have done / do / did
13. If I had had some money on me yesterday, I …that phone.
bought / would buy / would have bought / had bought
14. - Whose umbrella is it? - …
My / Us / Her / His
15. Peter doesn’t like beer and …
neither I do / so do I / neither do I / so I do
16. …two uncles.
There is / She is / She got / She’s got
17. She …on the phone when I arrived.
talks / has talked / talked / was talking
18. Unless…hard he’ll fail the project.
he’ll work / he works / he worked / he’d work
19. If he …the car immediately, the accident wouldn’t have happened
had stopped / stopped / would stop / would have stopped
20. I …there on business.
am send / sent / have sent / have been sent